Monday, February 18, 2013

So much and yet so little....

So clearly I am not doing so well on my blogging once a month goal. But once again, I will try to catch up all at once. I feel like we have had a busy few months and at the same time I feel like we have done so little, I will try to find entertaining things to blog about.
November:
Danny and I celebrated our three year anniversary! We didn't do anything too exciting but we found this cute little bed and breakfast in Logan called the Riter Mansion and stayed there for the night and then went to the temple the next day. It was great to get to spend a little quality time together because it was a busy semester for Danny! I had my cousin Carolyn take some pictures of us for our anniversary as well, here we are on our wedding day and then thirty pounds (ahem...) three years later.   
November 2009
November 2012
Also in November I completed one of my goals and donated my hair. I didn't tell Danny about my plan to cut it because I knew he would try to talk me out of it (I cried last time I chopped my hair off and made him promise to never let me do that again). He was sure surprised! Honestly, I have not missed my hair at all!
Not a great picture, but you get the idea

December:
Danny graduated! This is the end of an era. I am so proud of him! Even though it took a little (ok...a lot) longer than planned he stuck with it and graduated! He graduated with a Bachelors in International Business as well as Economics (two separate majors) as well as a minor in Spanish. He also completed three internships by the time he graduated! He really is pretty incredible. The last week of school was a whirlwind with us trying to pack up and move again so we didn't get to celebrate too much but we did snap a few pictures before we left. As ready as we are to move on, we're going to miss Logan! I get a little choked up every time I hear the Scotsman now days. Go Aggies!
Next up is Christmas. Oh how I love Christmas. We had three wonderful weeks of freedom between the time we moved back to Fruit Heights and when we had to start work. We got to spend a lot of time with family and friends and we enjoyed every minute of it. The pictures I take are always a little random, but I will try to tie them in.

Danny's parents went out of town for Christmas to visit Danny's brother so we celebrated early with the Fonseca family. Luz made her delicious sancocho (my favorite Colombian dish) and we exchanged presents. Danny's niece and nephew like Batman, so for Christmas this year I made them batman capes. It was fun to see them wear them around.
Nairi in her cape. One of her first words was "batman"
Xander in his cape
Each year on Christmas Eve we get together with Danny's extended family and have a big party with lots of food and games. Danny's grandpa and uncle always wear their traditional Colombian shirts so this year Danny and Jose joined them. haha I love this picture because you can tell that Danny's family has an incredible sense of humor, and we caught Abuelo mid-laugh. I love it!
Jose, Omar, Abuelo and Danny in their Colombian shirts
And the rest of the cousins got shirts for Christmas, so here they all are.
We also spent a lot of time with my family for Christmas but apparently I didn't take any pictures. I love it when my siblings come into town though and it was so much fun to spend time with them. 

January:
My little brother Stephen got married to his sweetheart Morgan. We adore her and are so glad that she is joining our family! I am so grateful all of my siblings have married so well and I have pretty incredible brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law. But... I believe I will write more on the subject of the wedding in my next blog post because I don't have pictures yet and every blog post at least deserves a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment