So now that I only work part time, have Fridays off, all my craft stuff is in storage, and we have a tiny apartment, I have become...well.....really lazy. Most days when Danny asks me how my day was or what I did I just say, "I'm lazy....alert the media. Again. It could be a follow up special." (quoting one of the new shows we watch, Ben and Kate)
It has been really hard to find something to do or be motivated to find something to do right now for some reason. I guess when I have so much time then I put things off so that I will have something to do later, but things never get done. I have told Danny many times that I feel like I am not progressing, like I am just in this stagnant "limbo" stage where I am just waiting for the next phase of life. But after listening to Elder Uchtdorf's talk and many others in General Conference last weekend I decided that the time to make the most of life is now!
So in order to motivate myself and have some accountability towards life I decided to make a list of goals to work on. And because every list of goals needs to have a great title I decided to call it, "25 things to do before I turn 26."
I've seen people do these types of things of blogs before and I thought it was a great idea, but a bit strange to put it on a blog. But then I realized that this way, for whatever reason, I feel a little bit of pressure to get them done. I feel like I have announced them to the world (or the ten people that actually read my blog) and I have a responsibility to complete them.
I tried to make each goal measurable (I can say "yes" I did this or "no" I did not do this, no ambiguity), something that will stretch me, something that is attainable, something that I have control over, and something that will make me a better person (although I was tempted to put "watch every episode of Gilmore Girls" on there). So here it is:
25 things to do before I turn 26
1. Attend the temple once a month with Danny
2. Attend the temple on my own every week for at least three months
3. Complete the Personal Progress Program
4. Do my visiting teaching each month
4. Pay off student loans
5. Open a UIDAN savings account
6. Pass the Social Work licensure test
7. Read at least one book a month
8. Re-finish a piece of furniture
9. Sew a quilt
10. Run a 10k
11. Lose 7 pounds (I need to lose more than 5 but not quite 10)
12. Organize Recipes
13. Find 25 new dinner recipes (does anyone else eat the same 10 things for dinner?)
14. Donate hair
15. Start writing a personal history for me and Danny
16. Memorize where all the countries are in the world (I am the worst at geography)
17. Give a Book of Mormon to someone
18. Family Search Indexing (2000 points)
19. Finish scrap booking our wedding
20. Write a nice letter/email/thank you note to someone twice a month
21. Blog once a month
22. Go on a cruise
23. Read the Book of Mormon all the way through again
24. Take a Spanish class
25. Service project/donation/recruit or just find a way to contribute to the orphanage in Ecuador
Well there you have it, and here goes nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good goals! I have totally had to do this before. I have definitely been in that not progressing/rut stage and it's not fun. It always feels good though when you can cross a goal off your list once you finish it. Oh and the best way I have found new recipes is through pinterest! Usually at the beginning of each week I look at my pinterest dinner board and decide what to make for dinner that week from it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love your list and have totally felt the same way lately. It will feel so good when you can cross things off the list too :) Or when they become reacquiring habits!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a good list! I definitely should've started one similar at the beginning of the year, but maybe I'll make a list to see what I can get done by December...when I'll be 26. Man, that seems old.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I love it! I think I might try it! I can possible help with the new recipes! have you tried Our Best Bites? You should take a look at their website. If not, I can send you some of our favorite recipes!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! I might have to steal a few of these ideas. Though I think #26 should be hang out with Dave & Chelsi at LEAST once a month! It was SOOO fun to see you! We miss you a ton!
ReplyDeleteSo, have you been able to cross off any of the goals yet? :)
ReplyDelete