Sunday, January 30, 2011

Navidad y otras actividades

So I feel like I am just going to dump a lot of pictures and random stories on you right here, but a lot has happened during the holidays so I'm going to play catchup. My favorite thing about the holidays is getting to be with friends and family, and especially those who we don't get to see other times of the year.
It all started with the Christmas party with with my roommates from freshman year:

I love getting together with these girls, I really got so lucky with the roommates I had my first year here. We don't get to see each other very often but when we do it is as though no time has passed. We eat, laugh, watch some Gilmore girls, and catch up on the boys (not as exciting now that most of us are married), and laugh some more. These girls are awesome. This year we did a "favorite things" theme where we each gave each other one of our favorite things. So naturally, I gave each of the girls a live goldfish. None of which are still alive.

We also had dinner and played games with our friends Alyssa and Jake. This is not an unusual event but this night we had an epic game of Jenga. Here is documentation:
So the tower is no so huge here but check out Danny's face. We laughed so hard.
This is the tower at its highest point. There was literally not a single block that could be taken out so Danny completely moved the tower to one side.
I consequently lost the game the next turn.

Next up was our Christmas get together with my friends from high school. This is another group of incredible girls. Always a pleasure. And of course the typical normal and crazy face pictures (just for the record I thought BOTH of them were crazy face pictures, my smile is not usually that weird).

And then of course there is the real deal of Christmas. The sad news is that as Danny and I were having our Christmas I went to take a picture and my camera died. My charger is lost somewhere between Logan, Utah and Raleigh, North Carolina. So I didn't get any pictures of our Christmas, or the Fonseca Christmas. But thanks to my sister-in-law and her handy dandy charger I did get a few of the Taylor family Christmas. It was so great to have so much of my family there. Everyone lives so far away so I don't get to see the nieces and nephews very often. We have a blast together. (I guess I didn't get any pictures with Samantha, Collin, and Owen but I have a blast with them too!)
This is one of the shirts I made for all the nephews for Christmas. To give credit where credit is due, the idea came from one of my favorite blogs, I Am Momma Hear Me Roar.

Here is a picture I snapped a few days later before Danny and I took our Christmas tree down. It is the only one that even resembles our little Christmas (sorry I'm always in gross sweats). Feliz Navidad!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i need to get one of those shirts for my nephew! i swear all he talks about is fighting bad guys! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute and I miss you tons! Glad you had fun over the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete