Monday, November 22, 2010

ONE YEAR!

We made it. haha. Danny and I have been married for one year, as of yesterday. They say that the first year is the hardest, and although last year was pretty tough at times, if thats as bad as it gets I'll take it! I love being married to Danny, I don't want to be cheesy but I really am so grateful to be married to him. Every day I realize he is even more perfect for me than I could have known. I'm a pretty lucky girl.
So because of school and budget we didn't get to do anything too exciting for our anniversary (we REALLY wanted to go on a cruise), but we did get out of Logan. My parents were out of town so we went and house sat for them and did a few fun things in Salt Lake. On our honeymoon we went to the Desert Star Theater so we went again this year as tradition. This is us before the show. We LOVE the Desert Star theater, it is always a good laugh.
I asked Danny to give me the Harry Potter movies for my anniversary present ($33 for all six at Costco-Thanks for the tip Michele) so we had a little Harry Potter marathon and then went to see the new movie.
It was awesome! And I found out that I totally married a Harry Potter nerd. If you ever have a question about the logistics of Harry Potter, Danny knows the answer.
We really just had a relaxing weekend away from work and school and got to spend some quality time together.
We had to go back to Logan on Sunday (our real anniversary) for church but after church we ate the top of our wedding cake and watched our wedding video (Thank you Julianne and Nathan!) This is us reenacting cutting the cake at the reception. We are both a few pounds heavier, in our pajamas/snuggies, and this is the worst picture ever but I think it makes it even funnier)
It was great to reminisce on the wedding day and how wonderful it was. It all went by so fast but looking back I am so grateful to have so many incredible friends and family that were there to celebrate with us that day. So thank you! Here's to many more wonderful years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You guys are so cute and I'm glad you had a good anniversary :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete