Thursday, July 1, 2010

Remember the Alamo!

Last Sunday Danny and I went and walked around some of the sites in San Antonio. First we saw the Alamo, which Danny gave me a quick history lesson on. A few interesting things I learned is that we lost the battle, this is where Davey Crockett died, and that the fort is surprisingly small. However our troops held off the troops from Mexico for a long time and inspired others with their gusto. This is where the phrase, "Remember the Alamo!" came from and was a monumental battle that eventually led to us gaining Texas. (that was my kindergarten version of the Alamo. Don't even ask me to explain Star Trek)
Next we went to the San Antonio river walk which is so beautiful! It is crazy the things they have built over and around this river. (It is still up for debate which was there first, the river or the buildings) But anyway, there was a hotel in which the lobby was the river, all these restaurants built right on the edge, and everything was so green and vibrant. Last year Danny texted me some pictures of the river walk and I told him I wanted him to propose to me there. While its a little late for that I am still so glad we went!

2 comments:

  1. cute pictures of you guys! i wish i could come visit :). see you soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-I have missed a lot of updates! That's exciting that you are in Texas now! I hope you are liking it there and that it's better than North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete